Saturday, April 28, 2012

Snappis, Boingos, and Pins! Oh, My!

All Bubbleworks fitted diapers come without closures.  In my experience, each permanent closure option has serious downfalls.  Hook and loop closures wear out quickly, can scratch baby, and are easily removed by curious little ones!  Snaps have limited adjustability, can warp in excessive heat, and can leave terrible marks on baby.

I have used Snappis, Boingos, and pins with my diapers.

Pins are my least favorite.  They pose the greatest risk of hazzard to baby (and this clutzy mama!).  I could never get the diaper the proper tightness either.  If someone can teach me how, I would love to learn!  No picture here for my extreme lack of ability to pin!

Snappis are easy to use.  The teeth have a slight angle that makes them easily grip loose fabric weaves like terry, prefold fabric, gauze, and some knits (my knits snappi very well!).  I have trouble with them latching onto carpet.  I lost a big chunk of skin one time.  I have also had slight damage to diapers from the bottom portion of the T.


Bubbleworks Organic Bamboo Fitted secured with a Snappi

Boingos are fun!  I particularly enjoy that I only need to use one to close a diaper.  The teeth are angled very differently from Snappi teeth.  They seem much safer to me.  I also like that the closure is only on the tabs of the diaper and does not extend down the body. 


Bubbleworks Organic Hemp Fitted secured with a Boingo

How do you close your diapers?

No comments:

Post a Comment